Sunday, August 5, 2012

Former NBA Player Mark Strickland Finds Time for his Passion and his Love

Former NBA player Mark Strickland is staying close to the game-but not too close.

The former Heat and Mavericks forward has enjoyed time as a coach on multiple levels, including the National Basketball League of Canada, but now spends his time training kids, both as a personal trainer and an instructor.  

"I have a lot of kids that I train, a lot of high school kids, just trying to teach them the right way," Strickland said.

While his coaching career thrived,  his personal life suffered, and  Strickland knew that wasn't something he was willing to do.

"When I was coaching in the development league it just took away so much from my family time, especially my son, so I figured out a way to still do something that I love to do, but also make my own schedule so that I could be there for my little man."

Now the former journyman just enjoys being a fan of the game, but he's not rooting for his any of his former teams.

"I really like the Heat but I'm a huge LA Lakers fan, so you already know I want Dwight Howard to go to the Lakers."

A former player, current fan, and all-around good guy, Mark continues to be a strong ambassador for the game through the South Florida chapter of the NBRPA, and is enjoying every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment